Focusrite ISA428 mk2
Call for availability.
Found it for less? Click for a price match
Premium Delivery is FREE on this product*
Multiple Finance Options available*
+ £ deposit
The ISA428 MkII provides four of Focusrite's prestigious transformer-based microphone preamps. It features the same classic circuitry and renowned audio quality found in the original at a new level of affordability. With selectable input impedance, direct instrument inputs and an optional eight channels of high-quality analogue to digital conversion, the ISA428 MkII creates the perfect front end for the discerning recording professional.
First introduced in 1985, the ISA microphone preamp holds a reputation for outstanding transparency along with subtle warmth contributed by transformer core saturation. The addition of a variable impedance circuit allows ISA users to perfectly match the preamp with any microphone, or to use different settings creatively to shape the sound of the microphone. Unchanged for decades, the ISA microphone preamp topology offers incredible clarity and the signature Focusrite sound that makes it the top choice among many audio professionals today.
The optional class-leading eight-channel A-D converter option used with the ISA828 is also compatible with the ISA428 MkII. Along with the four mic preamp inputs, four additional inputs allow you to route other line signals through the converter. More information about the ISA428 MkII A-D converter option can be found here<=link to ISA428/828 ADC option page>.
Four instrument inputs, instantly accessible on the front panel, allow quick and easy connection without the need for a separate DI box. Extra processing can be placed between preamp and conversion via the units dedicated insert points, featured on every channel. Finally, accurate six-segment LED metering is designed to catch even the fastest transients on every channel.
Over 25 years, Focusrite has earned a reputation for bringing superb audio quality and engineering excellence to an array of audio professionals. Whether you're looking to preserve the sound of your classic microphones, or searching for the perfect front end for your digital studio, the ISA428 MkII brings legendary tools to your studio at an exceptional new price.
Features & Specifications
- Four ISA series transformer-based preamps - ISA series mic preamps have been the producers choice on countless hit records over the last two decades.
- Eight-channel optional A-D converter - Four additional A-D converter inputs allow eight channels of high-quality conversion, with a dynamic range of 122dB and jitter performance below 250 picoseconds.
- Selectable impedance - Ideal for mic matching or extended microphone creativity. Settings include the Vintage ISA110 setting, providing the original Focusrite signature sound.
- Four front panel instrument inputs - Instant access on the front fascia - no separate DI box required.
- Dedicated analogue insert points - Switchable insert points are featured on every channel, allowing routing (between preamp and output) through additional external processing.
- Variable high-pass Focusrite filter - Provided on every channel, this is the same filter as featured on the original ISA428.
- Accurate LED meters for every channel - Clear metering designed to catch even the fastest and most elusive of transients
This product has no user reviews at the moment. Log in to add your own reviews.